NIA Court Discharges UAPA Accused In IISc Attack Case After 4 Years Jail

22nd June,2021

NIA Court Discharges UAPA Accused In IISc Attack Case After 4 Years Jail

A Special NIA court in Bengaluru has released a blamed Mohammed Habeeb captured for his supposed part regarding the December 2005 shooting case at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) which prompted the passing of one individual and wounds to some others. Exceptional Judge Dr. Kasanappa Naik released the denounced saying "The arraignment has not made out at first sight argument against blamed No.7 (Habeeb) to outline charge against him for the offense culpable under Sections 120-B, 121, 121-A, 122, 123, 307, 302 of the IPC, Sections 25, 27 of the Indian Arms Act, Sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Explosive Substance Act and Sections 10, 13, 16, 17,18 and 20 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967."

The appointed authority said "he neglected to comprehend why he was summoned as a blamed for the situation" Habeeb was captured in the year 2017, in Agartala of Tripura State, in view of the assertion given by co-charged Sabahuddin @ Sbahuddin Ahamad in the year 2008, who was captured first by the Lucknow police. Supporter Mohammed Tahir showing up for the denounced contended that the complainant police have not expressed anything in the chargesheet about the blamed and furthermore not gathered any proof which show that the blamed has any particular information for the occurrence or wrongdoing associated with this case anytime of time.

Further, the accused No.1 (Sabahuddin @ Sbahuddin Ahamad) is said to have given his willful assertion on 29.03.2008, which runs around 35 pages, wherein, he has described such countless occurrences and furthermore expressed that in the long stretch of May, 2005, he went to Tripura, Agartala and met one Habeeb Miya(accused of this case) and got to know with him to look for his help to cross the public line unlawfully, and to visit Bangladesh without uncovering his actual goal, he went with him and returned with him from Bangladesh and furthermore described episode which occurred in the period of February, 2006, when second time he crossed the line wrongfully to Bangladesh, and around then, went with this charged as he was away on Jammath visit.

Tahir also presented that "The accused No.1 in his voluntary statement has uncovered the name of numerous people, who worked with him in getting convenience, assisted him with getting confirmation and other fundamental assistance over the span of his visit in Bengaluru, and the Police have not made all such people as blamed nor refered to them as witnesses however having all data." Moreover, after the capture, the police recorded the proclamation of this charged on 22.03.2017 which has no legal sanctity.