Central Government notifies SOP for partial opening of school for classes 9-12 on voluntary basis.
09 Sept 2020
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has published the SOP for the partial reopening of Schools for the students of 9-12 classes on a voluntary basis on 21st September.
Key instructions for opening of school are as follows:
• Only such schools that are situated outside containment zones shall be allowed to open.
• Students, teachers and employees living in containment zones will not be allowed to attend the school.
• Students, willing to visit the school, must produce a written consent of their parents/guardians.
• All school have been instructed to continue online learning and it is clarified that merely because school have been opened on voluntary basis, online classes will not be stopped.
• Outdoor spaces may be utilized for conducting teacher student interaction, if weather so permits.
• Cafeteria/mess facility shall remain closed.
• Students should not be involved in any of the cleaning activities for health safety reasons.